Wednesday, December 3, 2014

October and November Goal

October was one eventful month. I turned 21, which is a milestone but not my goal for the month. October was all about having my interview for my major and waiting to hear the result. I decided to apply for the public relations program the second semester of my freshman year. So from start to finish, I've waited to know if I'd get into the program for 18 months. I'm happy to report that I did indeed get accepted! I've always had a feeling that I would get in, but after the long wait I was so relieved. I didn't have a back up plan and I only have one general class left, so a lot was riding on the decision. Now I have a degree I can count on earning and internships and jobs to look forward to.

 (The day I interviewed)

November was the month of the trips. I went home for Thanksgiving which was an easy trip, but I'm been hoping I could go to LA for one of my best friend's wedding. This can count as a goal because I wasn't sure if it was going to work out. When I could book my flight and get ready to go, I got nervous to travel by myself for some reason. I've travelled alone plenty of times, but this time I was anxious. Everything worked out really well. It was only a short trip (Friday-Sunday) but it felt like a full vacation. I got there and got to help with the reception, spend time with my friend before she got hitched, go to the wedding and luncheon and reception, and decorate the car. I have a cousin (on the other side of the family) who lives in LA so I got to spend Sunday afternoon with her and her kids. We walked around Beverly Hills and went to church and the temple's visitor's center. It was a great getaway and I learned that I can be less nervous about traveling and more excited about the adventure.



My goal for the month of December is to blog 12 times. Call it the 12 Days of Blogmas. You can check and see if I make it here.

No comments: