Thursday, December 11, 2014

Stefanie Ackerson, November, Quote Book

My project for November was to update my collection of spiritual thoughts, stories, and quotes.  This is another ongoing project of mine, started way back in my Young Women days in high school, that piles up during my busy working months and frequently needs to be updated and organized into binders.  

I tend to be a bit of a pack rat--I hate to throw away the amazing handouts I get at church, etc.  But at least I'm an organized pack rat!  I previously had three large 2-inch binders organized by topic and a very full folder and overflowing pile of stories and quotes that I have collected over the last couple of years.  So I found another large binder and started in on the pile.  

I reorganized some of the tabs and shifted everything across the four books to even out the weight, printed out another cover sheet, updated the table of contents, and then got to work with my paper slicer, glue stick, and hole punch.  Is it a super fancy, sophisticated work of art?  Not even close!  Very informal and practical.  It serves it's purpose for me, which is to help me easily find stories and quotes for speaking in church, creating handouts for primary or Relief Society lessons, or simply for my own personal edification when I need a spiritual boost.  

Did I finish?  No, unfortunately I only got maybe 1/2-2/3 through the folder, but I feel like I made a pretty good dent in it.  It's just been so busy with the holidays!  But I hope to continue to chip away at it over the coming weeks and eventually get caught up.  Here are some pictures of the final book I added to my collection:








1 comment:

Meg said...

What a great idea to keep a book of quotes like that! Good work.