Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I can't believe this is the last post! Thank you all for your amazing inspiration and for sharing your lives here. I still have to follow the tutorial (thanks for including that one Nora!), but I am getting better.  I really liked having a goal in mind every month.  I really do better when I have something specific to work toward.  This goal was no exception.  This last goal took me the whole year!  It was one I started January 1 and finished the afternoon of December 31.

 I flounder around a little when it comes to things that aren't laid out.  Budgets, menus, schedules; I like a plan.  Scripture reading is no exception.  If I don't have a plan/goal/schedule in mind or on paper, it just doesn't happen well.  I had finished the Book of Mormon with my relief society at the end of 2013 and was looking for a new scripture reading chart when I came across this one:

Hmm, Nora, how do I make this blog insert a pdf???

Here are some links instead:

http://www.cityapplications.com/scripture_schedule_fullpage-4.pdf   (the one I first saw)

and

http://www.motivatedmamas.net/2011/12/scripture-reading-schedule.html  (which is probably even better because it has the chart and some nice visual explanation.

And a picture, just because I know how :)



The premise that caught my attention was this:  If I were to read 4 pages of the Bible and 2 pages of the other standard works each day, then I could finish the entire thing, the whole tamale, the complete standard works in one year.  No kidding!  I know!! 6 pages a day (like 10 minutes?) and I could read it all.

Of course it wasn't complete smooth sailing.  I got behind in June when I had a wedding and a graveyard job and it took me the rest of the summer to catch up.  In the fall, I liked Paul's books so much that I finished the New Testament early but got a little behind in the D&C.  But I finished the last of JSH on new year's eve and that was a pretty good sense of accomplishment.  Reading that amount and kind of just plowing through gave me a big picture idea of the scriptures as well as a better sense of where things fit historically (esp. for the Old Testament).  This year I changed tactics.  I use Gospel library on my phone and am going through the institute course on the New Testament.  It is great!  Depth, quotes, links to all of the scriptures, pictures, maps, etc.  I am only in Matthew 6, but it good for me to have something orderly to follow.

2 comments:

Nora Mair said...

I'm so impressed, and what a year you've had! I just printed out the schedule and hit James up for a "read to each other before tv" proposition. Thanks for the inspiration.

Curt Lennix said...

Need The To Hire A Hacker❓ Then contact PYTHONAX✅

The really amazing deal about contacting PYTHONAX is that the Hack done by us can’t get traced to you, as every Hacking job we do is strongly protected by our Firewall. It’s like saying if anyone tries to trace the Hack, it will lead them to us and we block whatever actions they are doing.

We have been Invisible to Authorities for almost a decade now and if you google PYTHONAX, not really about us comes out, you can only see comments made by us or about us.

Another Amazing thing to you benefit from Hiring our Hackers is that you get a Legit and the best Hacking service, As we provide you with Professional Hackers who have their Hacking Areas of specialization.
We perform every Hack there is, using special Hacking tools we get from the dark web.

Some list of Hacking Services we provide are-:
▪️Phone Hacking & Cloning ✅
▪️Computer Hacking ✅
▪️Emails & Social Media Account Hacking✅
▪️Recovering Deleted Files✅
▪️Tracking & Finding People ✅
▪️Hunting Down Scammers✅
▪️Hack detecting ✅
▪️Stealing/Copying Files & Documents From Restricted Networks and Servers ✅
▪️Bitcoin Multiplication✅
▪️Binary Option Money Recovery ✅
▪️Forex Trading Money Recovery✅
▪️IQ Option Money Recovery✅
And lots more......


Whatever Hacking service you require, just give us an Email to the Emails Address provided below.
pythonaxhacks@gmail.com
pythonaxservices@gmail.com

PYTHONAX.
2020 © All Right Reserved.