Monday, February 10, 2014

Marci Jefferies - Cold Storage Overhaul

Hello all! My name is Marci Jefferies. I might be the only one that doesn't officially know Nora, but my best friend of 32 years Becky Beck does so I guess that counts for something. Thanks Nora for including me on this project. It's going to be good for me to set some goals and to be accountable for them.
I am a mother of three. Bridger is 14 and enjoys playing the saxophone and baseball, Porter is 11 but turns 12 at the end of the month, he enjoys drawing and anything creative, Stella is 9 and loves animals, she takes care of 4 chickens and a hamster all by herself. I love being a mother and I especially love being a mother to teenagers. 
Rhett and I have been married for 21 years, and I have known him for 26 years. He is the love of my life and the most amazing dad to my kids. 
We live in Farmington with our dog, 4 lizards, a snake, hamster, and 4 chickens.
 My favorite thing to do is to spend time with my family. We love camping and 4wheeling, we also love movie nights and game nights. I love working in my yard in the summer (it beats housework any day), road biking, card making and scrap booking. Check out my blog HERE to find out more.
I have lived in my house now for 8 years. Nora's idea could not have come at a better time. There are quite a few things in my house that need to be revamped. 
For Januarys project I wanted to tackle my cold storage. It has become a disorganized, dysfunctional mess for awhile now. 
 The first thing I did was take everything out so I could see what was even in there. I started throwing away things that I haven't used since we moved here. I also simplified things, I mean who really needs 10 vases? I kept my three favorite and got rid of the rest. The next problem I was coming across was that my shelves were spaced too far apart so it was hard to make a good use of space.
 That's where my handy-man husband came in. He built me a few new shelves in between some of the existing shelves. 
Adding the extra shelves made all of the difference. I was able to organize a lot of the smaller stuff so that I could actually see what I have.
 It's the best feeling when you actually complete a project that has been eating away at you for years. 
Februarys Project- Family names to take to the temple!
Thanks Nora this is a great idea!

13 comments:

Becky said...

Looks fantastic my friend! Can't wait to see it in person Thursday :)

Nora Mair said...

I love a good storage room purge and the handy dandy husband building shelves...whoot whoot. Thanks for doing the project Marci, can't wait to hear from you next month.

Meg said...

That looks so great! I bet it feels great too! I love how you maximized your space by adding more shelves, such a great idea.

Erin Bee said...

Woohoo. Organization is always so fun when it's done. I love the new shelves your husband built for you.

Unknown said...

I can only imagine you give a big smile every time you walk into your storage room, I would!!

Jennifer said...

This looks great, and I am most impressed by the home-canned peaches. A lost art!

Kass said...

Seriously-that is such a huge accomplishment! It looks awesome & your family is darling. There is no such thing as "cold storage" here in Vegas :(

Melissa said...

Your storage looks great now!

Anonymous said...

The end product looks fantastic! I'll bet you just walk in there on occasion to admire it after all the hard work!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I seriously need a shovel to dig out my storage room! And yea for handy husbands!

utdaisy said...

Looks great! I wish mine looked that organized:)

Unknown said...

That looks great, maybe there is hope for my food storage room!

Unknown said...

Tell your handy Husband that Michael Adkins says 'hello' and nice job on the storage shelves!!