Sunday, September 21, 2014

Amy Webb, March-Aug, survive life

Hello friends! I have definitely slacked in my participation here, but I just am barely feeling like maybe I can get some structure back into my life.  It takes me a good year to settle in and we just hit that mark in August.  I've added to the past 12 months of getting adjusted - a death in the family and a 6 week road trip to Utah - where I drove all by myself with my 3 kids all the way out there. Sooooooo, now that school is back in session I'm starting to see that I might actually be able to be productive for at least the rest of this year.

So here's a little recap!


My goals as listed in my profile were and what I actually did:
February - make hang curtains in the house/planned and threw 40th birthday for my husband.
This was my last blog post! oops.

March - finish scrappy trip around the world quilt/made and hung curtains in the living room.

I was having a hard time getting my curtains finished because of a few different things.  But I finally just buckled down and did it. I think it finishes off the room nicely.  I still have the fabric for the kitchen door - but haven't gotten to that yet. Oh and yes, I only did one panel for each window because it was cheaper and we rarely close them.

And actually - I think these were finished a couple months later - but I started them in March!  The point is I did get them done.  Right?


I love toile and damask.  These two fabrics make me love this room!


April - finish organizing my sewing room/bought shelving for sewing room.

I was just using a bunch of mismatched shelving to begin with and it just looked like a big old mess.  
I saw a photo on pinterest with the cube shelves from IKEA and drawer inserts along the bottom so I finally went and bought them. My little helper loves going to IKEA - for the play area and lunch!
I didn't get the drawers put when I took this photo, but this just looks so much better! 
I still have some organizing to do, but I feel like that's going to be a work in progress.  I've moved a few other things as well and it's starting to shape up really well! Even though I can get messy - I still work better in a neat and tidy space.  Always a struggle for me though.

May - attend my first yoga retreat/Yes, I did that one!

My sister in law took me to Costa Rica with her for the retreat she was hosting.  The yoga was great, so was the alone time.  That plus the views:
 and the gorgeous hotel + food:
 
made for a fantastic Mother's day weekend!!

June - I didn't have a goal written down but I do like to make teacher gifts for the end of the year and I came up with these!
And I liked them so much I made myself one :)


July - going to be drive to Utah solo and survive!/I did drive to Utah by myself with 3 kids and lived
to tell about it.  And the best part of that was my other goal was to meet up with Angie, Kathryn and Nora for dinner!!

I love these ladies so much.  They are the kinds of friends that build your testimony of the fact that Heavenly Father puts people in our lives when we need them.  And sometimes before we need them.  We have all been through similar hard things together and continue to love and support each other through life.  I desperately needed the lift I got from seeing them and am so grateful for each of them!

I need to update my goals post for the rest of the year because I currently don't have any!  But I have a lot of things I want to finish up so hopefully I can stay accountable!  Thanks for reading my lengthy post!  I'm going to try and catch up on all the fun I've missed with everyone else's postings!

3 comments:

Nora Mair said...

You're a gem Amy, you were such a joy during the years we taught together. So amazing! And for all that you accomplished over the last few months. Toile and yoga in Costa Rica are some of my favorites. Thanks for the update--A year is about right to start feeling settled in a place, I totally agree. I read all about the Kallax replacing the Expedit at Ikea--riveting (kidding). Beautiful space for creating.

Susan said...

It's beautiful! You've done a great job. And how fun is yoga in Costa Rica? It sounds so exotic. I too am living through the first year in a new house and trying to get settled. It is a process for sure. Love what you've done.

The Glitch Boys said...

Amazing was a few matching shelves do for the look of a room. I need some help there. Sounds like a fulfilling year. I'm jealous about the yoga retreat!