Sunday, October 5, 2014

Meg Lingard - September

My goal for September was to do our 72 hour kits. Well, I didn't even start. Isn't it hilarious that I came here to say that?!? I think so!

It was a busy month, and I did get a lot of good stuff done. Two big things that I accomplished were I painted our living room, and I finally finished the quilt that was my April goal.



I spent some long nights getting this quilt done. I'm super happy with how it turned out. I machine quilted it with my sewing machine and then did the binding by hand. I always feel so accomplished when I get a quilt done. We've been enjoying it in our living room now that the weather is getting colder.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That quilt is stunning! I love your colors and prints, and the choice to take pictures in the wood just seals the deal for me. :) I've tried to machine quilt, with poor results. I'd love to hear your tips sometime.

Nora Mair said...

Okay, machine quilting is intense, I've tried it. Way to go. My goals are a bit modified the more I move through the year, so no stress on the change. much love.
I still remember that this quilt was one you designed yourself. Still blown away.