Friday, October 10, 2014

My project for September was to get caught up on 3 of my girls digital scrapbooks.
I did it but I have no pictures.


I had a chance to do another FUN project in September and I thought I'd share it with you...


This is my 91 year old Grandpa Moon and he lives in Idaho on a beautiful ranch.  He's been a farmer all his life and he is just the absolute greatest!
My Aunt Judy and Uncle Alex have been working on his property all summer.  They've done A LOT of painting, updating his barns and fencing and such.  I thought it would be fun to paint an American flag somewhere on his property.  My Aunt got on board and we did it...




It's pretty much the coolest thing EVER!
You can even see it from the freeway above his house.
I have lots more pictures and details about the project on my family blog.
If you want to see more go

HERE for part one

HERE for part two

HERE to see how we fixed the flag

HERE to see the finished flag (for real this time)

and if you want, go HERE to see what we did for my husband's birthday in Malad




5 comments:

The Glitch Boys said...

I love that flag! That is just awesome!

Nora Mair said...

The flag and rainbow shot is perfect. Why the fixing up of the ranch? What an awesome personal touch to the shed roof. I followed the story on your blog and was totally inspired by your selflessness and serving nature. This and the neighborhood party were huge chunks of time and sacrifice. impressive.

Becky said...

Thanks Nora. Helping my Grandpa was so fun and I felt spoiled getting to spend so much time with him. It had been several years since grandpa had painted his barns and his metal fencing was needing paint so the family rallied and got it done :)

Jennifer said...

That flag is an amazing emblem of all sorts of family members working together to help your grandpa. I love it! I'm glad he wanted to do the roof.

Meg said...

So so beautiful! What a great project!