Saturday, October 11, 2014

Stefanie Ackerson, September, Update Photo Albums

My project for September was extremely simple but something I had been putting off for a long time that just needed to be done.  I had a whole bunch of envelopes stuffed with photos from the past year that needed to find a home.  

While updating my scrapbooks in July and August, I finally went through all of the photos and selected those worthy of a place of honor in my scrapbooks, and all of the rest just needed to be sorted chronologically and inserted into photo albums.  So I made a trip to Michael's where I bought two super cute albums (at 40% off, of course, I love that store!).  Then I sat down one evening while Paul and I were watching TV and spent an hour or two inserting all of the photos.  Easy peasy!  Honestly, the hardest part was choosing which pictures to display on the covers!


And that was it!  Why it took me so long to get it done, I don't know.  I'm a little embarrassed that it took this blog to finally motivate me enough to get to it!  But now I can check it off my list of projects and feel pleased with myself for accomplishing something.  Short and sweet this month!  

**Job Update:  It's a good thing I chose something easy this month because I just started working again in September.  I was hired on by the local school district as a full-time long-term substitute for a speech-language pathologist who just had a baby and is now on maternity leave.  So I get to do what I love but I don't have to worry about lesson plans or much paperwork because she was really on top of things and had it all ready to go for me--so nice!!  I just get to show up each day and work with the most adorable bunch of preschoolers I've ever seen!  I'm still plenty busy keeping track of the 80+ darlings, but I love it.  And after Christmas it's supposed to turn into a "real" position.  I couldn't ask for a better transition into the district. :)

4 comments:

Donna and Bevan said...

Such a great idea! I have all these pictures that are digital and I keep thinking that someday I'll do something like this. I mean, there is the blog, but it's more writing than pictures, not to mention the pictures are super small! Kids care about the pictures! I'm resolved. This will be my winter goal!

Jennifer said...

What a fortuitous beginning to your career in St. George! Good luck to you. I think I've said it before, you have more great pictures of you and your husband than I have in two decades! You are making a treasure.

Nora Mair said...

This is my October project, thanks for the inspiration for a jump start. I'm so excited for your new job, that news just made my day! What a great gig to teach all the plans of someone else. And a full time position after Christmas, perfect!

Holli said...

I have the albums and everything, but just need to put the photos in! It is crazy that I have let it go for so many years. Thank you for the inspiration! I am going to get on that one before all of our photos are lost in the move!!