Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Christine Bennee, March, cupboard shelves

I'm not quite sure how it happens that I have a whole week to write my post and then boom! I'm 2 days late.  I think my goal for next month will be something like "write my post one week early" or some such.

Anyway, my goal for March was pretty simple.  I have big cupboards in my house that have no shelves, just the big space. I think that is great for the cupboard under the kitchen sink, but several others were really hard to keep organized.

I decided on 5 cupboards that needed a shelf (here are pictures from 2 of them).  It was a little bit complicated since the holes that had been pre-drilled into the sides were bigger than standard so I had to special order the shelf pins.  All of the cupboards had a drain pipe (under bathroom sinks) or a gas line (under the cooktop in the kitchen) so I had to cut the shelf to accommodate for that as well as cut each piece down to fit the cupboard.  

Once the pins arrived it was really only a matter of a day to do the actual work. Ta da!

I know this was a really simple project, but having a deadline made me finally get around to it and honestly, for several days after I was done I would peek into those cabinets just because it made me so happy!  

Next month I'll tell you about painting/spring cleaning all of the kids bedrooms :) 

5 comments:

Erin Bee said...

I love that you think this project was easy. Cutting around pipes=hard. And, you didn't even mention but did you custom make the shelves? REALLY HARD. I'm not even allowed to touch the power tools at my house.;) The cabinets look great and you should be proud of that accomplishment.

Nora Mair said...

I'm impressed with the foresight to order the pins to hang the shelves. But when there's a deadline and pictures to be taken you got the shelves in! Way to go. I really need to do this under the range in my kitchen. Such wasted space and noisy unstacking pots to cook. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillian said...

I love this project! Cupboards without shelves would be awful!! It looks fabulous!

Meg said...

So smart to use this wasted space! Great idea!