Tuesday, April 29, 2014

March Project: Organize - Erin Barbee

My goal for March was organization. I got lots done but there is still lots to do. I procastinated the kitchen thinking I would granite this month and then do it but that didn't happen yet. Here's a few before and after pictures of what I did do. I'm happy with the things I did accomplish. My master closet hasn't been this organized since we've lived here.

I lost all of my pictures, so I took some quick after pictures tonight. That means these two closets still look good enough that I can share pictures. YEA! I cleaned the toy room and my girls' room but those aren't picture-worthy today. I'll spare you the fabulousness.

Master Closet

Pantry


Lastly, here's a room I'm pretty proud of. This picture is the before of my front sitting room. It was unused, unloved and boring.


This is the after, although I don't have a picture of the new desk. I love it, it gets used and I think it's beautiful. I had a professional come over and help me move things around. But, I am so happy with the way it looks and she used stuff I had around the house. 


 My music is organized again.
I love organization. But, now I know I also love pretty rooms. If only I could do this by myself in the rest of my house.

My April goal changed a little. My original goal was to pamper myself all month and go on a fun girls' trip, too. It sounded so selfish when I said it that I decided to change it. Plus, the first monday of the month my husband went out of town and I went to get my hair done. Multiple phone calls from my kids convinced me that I couldn't focus on me while my husband was out of town. So, I still went on my trip. And, you will have to wait until next month to hear but I still found a way to help myself without interfering in precious family time.

And for May, my goal is to serve my parents. I don't know what I'm going to do yet but I'm excited to help them. They're not at the age where they need it but it still could be fun if I can do it in a sneaky way.


4 comments:

Christine Bennee said...

I need someone professional to come tell me how to make my rooms pretty too. I LOVE how the redo was simple but beautiful! And way to go keeping closets organized :) I have not mastered that skill yet.

Nora Mair said...

Way to go on the closets. And a useless room is never good. Way to get rid of the furniture that wasn't being used and "shopping the house" to decorate. It looks great!

Jillian said...

The closet looks great! And your room looks beautiful. I would love to have that kind of eye!

Meg said...

Your front room looks so great! Such a nice feeling to get organized.