Monday, October 13, 2014

Donna Hawkins- September- Closet Doors

My goal for the month of September was to finally install closet doors in the master bedroom and the kids' bedroom.  I did neither.  I'll use the excuse that it was going to be a lot more complicated that originally thought.  They originally had these ugly gold, mirror, sliding doors, that were all broken (the hardware, not the glass) and were all sold on ksl.  The casing is all still there and it looks like a nice, finished opening.  For the last 4 years almost, we've had no doors, and I've loved it!  It forces me to keep the closets looking nice, I can easily get to everything, and the casing holds oodles of hangers of line-drying clothes.  I want hinged closet door eventually, but to do that, I need to take out the casing, buy the doors, and figure out how to install. and finally re-install the casing.  Sounds like a good project for the middle of winter.  Right now the sun is shining!  It doesn't look that bad, right?!


So here's my major accomplishment for the month... Dallin went to nursery!  Okay, he's not technically 18 months yet, but he's close!  Our friend is the nursery leader and she totally allowed me to bring Dallin in for play time!  We weren't planning on staying the whole time, but he was having so much fun with all those new toys!  I was able to duck out for YW opening exercises and made it back in time for snacks.  They had about 14 kids with only 3 leaders, so I stayed and helped out.  It was awesome!!!  I think this will be a reoccurring thing, at least until the end of the year, when the new sunbeams move out.  If I can feel useful, then Dallin and I will both be happy!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have a similar closet situation with missing doors. The floor in my girls' room was originally thin vinyl tiles (a 60s thing, I guess!). When we carpeted, the length of the doors didn't clear the new floor. Plus, part of the track system was attached to the floor. For nine years we've had those closet doors in the garage awaiting our decision to plane them shorter. But, like you say, it forces us to keep the closet cleaner. I love the two-tone paint in your room!

Nora Mair said...

I agree, who can spend all that time inside when the sun is shining! For sure the cleaner closet is a perk and a driving force if you have to look at it. Dallin should go to nursery. At 18 months is when stranger awareness starts so start em early, I say.